Missed features on my new Deco X55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 14:44:27 - last edited 2023-02-05 07:50:25
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I just buy a new Deco X55 (x2) to update my "old" Tp-link Archer C9 and RE650... Well, to be honest I expected much more... In terms of design they are really beauty in compare (small, rounded, no visible antennas), but... I don't have better speed and better performance than before (really the same). And maybe because we can't disable band steering, no option to select the right wifi channel, no option to set the power transmission, no option to set up personal home vpn, I lost my free parental control, the web admin interface doesn't exists... I hope next firmware updates will bring us more good things!

So please take my comments into consideration.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Missed features on my new Deco X55
2023-01-31 17:02:25 - last edited 2023-02-02 16:21:34

@Whitesnake This is the problem many users face when they migrate from a "regular" router to a TP-link Deco router. The features we think should be automatically available are not there when it comes to Deco routers.

The good thing is, after years of asking, they finally started to add some of these features.

If the hardware version of your X55 is V1, then you should take a look at this:

Deco X55 1.1.0

Early Release VPN/Static Route/MTU Firmware for Deco X50/X55

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Missed features on my new Deco X55
2023-01-31 17:13:29

@ImtiazAli nice to know it! Will see if the new products will be updated at least with the same configuration options than the old ones. And pls, don't make us pay for parental control guys :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 2