Deco S7 - Red Lights but all working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 16:42:36
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

Hi,

I have a 3 pack of Deco S7 and they are working fine, I'm connected through the house via the new SSID.

my cable modem (virgin Hub 3.0) is in modem mode.

the decos (all 3 of them) have red lights on them, but the deco app shows no issues.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco S7 - Red Lights but all working
2023-02-01 03:31:08

@Sherbs 

Hi, welcome to the community.

So except for the abnormal red LED on the S7, the internet service is working properly right?

Have you ever set up a customized DNS server or Access Control in the network? or install a Home Firewall system, like Circle,Bitdefender BOX?

I think the online status-checking requests from Deco might be blocked somehow.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-01 08:01:00

@David-TP 

yeah everything is working great. The decks just have a flashing red light on them.

ive never installed anything like that, I have an out of the box virgin cable modem that I've not changed from factory settings. Same as the decos, they are out of the box, I set up a new SSID but apart from that it's all standard.

Options
2023-02-01 09:10:42

@Sherbs 

Hi, thank you for the update.

Please refer to this link to change the WAN DNS on Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it helped or not:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

By the way, I see virgin Hub 3.0 is a modem router by default, do you manually change it to modem-only mode and turn off its WiFi feature?

And in case the above suggestions did not work, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-01 09:25:20

@David-TP 

will look out for email.

changed DNS. Red lights went off for 20 min or so then came back on. Everything functional though.

the hub 3.0 arrives as a router with Wi-Fi and I had to manually switch into modem mode.

tom

Options
2023-04-17 10:28:44

@Sherbs hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have 5 s7 devices, the main one is solid red, another flashes red but they all work fine, no firmware issues etc?

Options
2023-04-17 21:06:56

@Craig816 yeah. I spoke to someone in tech support who advised me to turn the led back on via the settings and then they all went white 🤷🏻‍♂️

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 7

Related Articles