Deco M5 between floor 5 and garage in -1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 between floor 5 and garage in -1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:Deco M5 between floor 5 and garage in -1
2023-02-09 01:31:56

@pasvasconcelos 

Hi, It could work well. 

pasvasconcelos wrote

@David-TP 

The locations where you placed the red stars are not mine. The apartment antenna can be placed on the exterior balcony, but the one in the garage will have to be placed inside the window.

Does this setup work?

• Inside the apartment: ISP router, PoE switch, and two Deco M5 units (all connected by ethernet cable);
  • On the outdoor balcony: CPE210 pointed downwards (connected to the switch in the apartment by cable);
  • Inside the garage: CPE210 placed near the window, then connected to the Deco M5 by ethernet cable.

Options
2023-02-09 15:27:59 - last edited 2023-02-09 17:06:07

@David-TP 

This solution with 2 CPE210 units is better than EAP225?

I need 2 CPE210 units or 1 is sufficient?

I can use 1 CPE210 inside the garage window and another 1 in the balcony? but without line of seeing?

How I can plugin the CPE210 in the garage withou PoE router?

Options
2023-02-15 12:25:47

pasvasconcelos wrote

@David-TP 

This solution with 2 CPE210 units is better than EAP225?

I can use 1 CPE210 inside the garage window and another 1 in the balcony? but without line of seeing?

How I can plugin the CPE210 in the garage withou PoE router?

Hi @David-TP 

Some comments on that?

Also, what is the targeting angle, distance to the floor of the balcony and how to grip the railing?

Options
2023-02-16 07:57:57

@pasvasconcelos 

Hi, for the CPE210, 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/outdoor-radio/cpe210/#specifications

Antenna Type Built-in 9dBi 2x2 Dual-polarized Directional Antenna
Beam Width: 65° (H-Plane) / 40° (E-Plane)

Actually, it could not be powered on a POE switch, and there is a  24V 0.6A Passive PoE Adapter in the package.

As for the installed distance on the apartment balcony and garage window, all installations will vary with the environment. So it's always good to do the pre-and post-installation site survey.

For EAP225,  since it needs to be connected to the POE switch via Ethernet cable, it has to be installed on the floor 5 balcony. Then you could get a good signal outside of the garage. But it is hard to see how much signal is left inside the garage. The CPE AP-Client bridge is mainly used to get the signal from floor 5 to the garage. The router that is connected behind the Client CPE210 is used to provide the wireless signal inside the garage.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-16 10:55:45

Thank you  @David-TP 

If I have one switch with PoE ports, why I can't use them to connect the CPE210?

The solution with 2 CPE210 units is better than EAP225?

I can use 1 CPE210 inside the garage window and another 1 in the balcony? but without line of sight?

Options
2023-02-17 02:00:48

@pasvasconcelos 

Hi, as for the different between POE and passive POE, you could have a look at this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3483/

So the topology is kind of like this:

Generally, the 2*CPE solution would be better than EAP225. And you need two units.

"Can I use 1 CPE210 inside the garage window and another 1 on the balcony? but without a line of sight?" It is still suggested to put CPE outside of windows and face the one on the balcony without barriers in between.  So if you put the garage CPE inside the windows, It is hard to guarantee a good bridge connection between two CPEs.

By the way, Have you ever measured the rough distance from the floor 5 apartment to the garage?

Thank you very much.

Options
2023-02-17 09:48:58

@David-TP 

Between balcony and garage I have more less 20 meters.

this is the view from where I will hang the CPE210 on the balcony:

I can't see the garage's window

Options
2023-02-20 11:38:42

@pasvasconcelos 

Hi, Thanks for the update. 

20 meters is not too far and if it was an open yard/space where the WiFi signal is needed, EAP would be great. 

But now, we need to figure out how to get the outdoor WiFi signal inside.

For CPE, the ideal scenario is normally like this:

Just to double-check, is there any chance that you could run a straight Ethernet cable from the 5th floor to the ground garage since it might be the simplest and most economical way to get a stable signal inside the garage?

If not, here is what I think of the installation of CPE 210:

Since the 5th balcony could not see through the garage windows, I suggest installing the 2nd CPE210 to the outside wall of the garage:

In reality, it does not have to be the same and you could adjust the location based on the real situation. So if you can not see the garage windows on the balcony, you could pick the nearest spot from the balcony view with almost no barriers in between. Then run an Ethernet cable from this CPE inside the windows to the garage router/access point. 

Options
2023-02-23 10:43:25

@David-TP 

No possibility to install a ethernet cable between my apartment and my garage!

And also, no possibility to install the CPE units as you have painted in the photo. Just in my balcony and inside my garage window...

Options
2023-02-24 07:34:46 - last edited 2023-02-24 07:35:44

@pasvasconcelos 

Thank you very much for letting me know.

In this way, I am sorry that you might need to find another brand to see whether they could offer better solutions for you.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Options
Related Articles