Big problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Big problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Big problem
Big problem
2023-02-02 18:05:28
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.8.61 ( build 183 )

I have Fiber access to the intenet (FTTC) by TIM operator and I am using a 
modem-router provided by TIM (Sercomm). I extend my WIFI home network by RE450 Range Extender. The problem 
is that many times a day and every day, RE450 stops working but all LEDs remain lit. No connection is possible, the 
web page of RE450 is not responding (timeout error). The only solution is restart the range extender. Every day, 
many times a day... I tried to change the RE450 with another one (using warranty), but the behaviour was the same. 
So I think the problem is in the RE450 implementation. (RE450 V2 with firmware up to date). 
At the moment the italian support centre was unable to help me. Is there someone that can give me some 
solution/ideas? 
Nobody has similar problems? 
Tks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Big problem
2023-02-03 10:54:41

@Yunus921 

Hi, have you tried to temporarily set it up as an access point to see whether it could maintain a stable connection with the main router?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1401/ 

As for logging into web UI, do you use the domain name www.tplinkrepeater.net  or the IP address?

Since RE450 v2 supports Tether APP, have you tried to install Tether APP to see whether it is still connected to the App when the internet connection was lost?

By the way, may I know how long have you had the extender?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Big problem
2023-02-05 12:53:43

@David-TP 

I tried tether app also but still problem is same firmware version is 3 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 2