Deco X50 - main unit green, other 2 blinking red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-04 14:51:49
Tags: #Fault

Hi, started having a problem with my x50 mesh network today and ran out of troubleshooting ideas.

We originally had all three working with ethernet cables connecting them. We powered off one to move it around, then reconnected it (still with ethernet cable) and it would not connect.

I tried to swap it out with our other non-main unit and then that one also was stuck blinking red while connected to etherenet.

I've since moved all the units to one space and powered them all up. Connecting ethernet in to the original main unit works fine still, but connecting it to either of the other ones does not work at all and they stay blinking red.

I can't even hardware reset them using a paperclip in the bottom reset button. The instructions say to press and hold for a second and it will start blinking yellow - this doesn't happen no matter what I try (1/10/30 seconds or holding reset while applying power).

I've tried with all units connected via ethernet, and only the main connected via ethernet. I've tried adding the units back to the network (adding a unit doesn't find anything). I've tried deleting the network and re-adding it fresh. The two other units only blink red.

Completely out of ideas apart from receiving instructions on how to directly connect in to the units via ethernet from a laptop and accessing them through a troubleshooting web browser IP.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X50 - main unit green, other 2 blinking red
2023-02-07 07:32:34

@Ranike 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

May I know the current firmware version of the Deco X50?

Have you tried to change a different Deco to set it as the main Deco?

When you hold the reset pinhole for 1s, the Deco will end with flashing blue. And if you hold it whild applying power, it is very likely Deco will get into firmware recovery mode.

By the way, may I know how long have you had Deco X50?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 1

Tags

Fault
Related Articles