Some advice, please.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Some advice, please.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Some advice, please.
Some advice, please.
2023-02-04 16:53:59
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi all,

Can I ask the hive minds here for some advice? I live in an old building (around 120 years old) which has nice, thick walls (great for controlling the heat/cold, but very bad for signal strength!!). I have bought a TP-Link 300 MBps Wireless nano-router (TL-WR802N) from a local charity shop and intend to connect it another TP-Link network extender (I was thinking about the TP-Link AC1900 (RE550)) as my current router is stuck in my front room.

So, my questions are;

1) Would the nano router successfully link to the AC1900?

2) My flat is 14M from front to back (all on the same level), so would the router(s) work at that range? To be fair, I can probably knock about 3 metres off that for positioning and plug location.

3) Would the AC1900 be able to throw a signal through two solid walls if I moved it about halfway and into my by bedroom (one stud-wall between it and my router) and had the WR802N by the back door?

Many thanks all.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Some advice, please.
2023-02-08 09:52:33

@TC72 

Hi, it is not suggested to use RE550 with 802N since RE550 is dual band while 802N supports 2.4ghz only. Also, the thick walls might block the wireless signal between RE550 and 802N.

If the whole house is under the same electric meter, I will recommend powerline adapters:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/powerline/

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 178

Replies: 1

Related Articles