Slow Download with BT 900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 15:13:19 - last edited 2023-02-07 06:09:23
Tags: #Bt
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I decided to switch out my Smart Hub with an AX1800/Archer AX23 router in the hopes of gaining much better speeds - I pay for BT Full Fibre 900. A wired connection is out of the question, so please, keep that in mind.

The new router arrived today, I removed the Smart Hub, used the Tether app to set up the router and I see no improvements whatsoever. Is there something I've done wrong in the setup phase or is it just impossible to get over 500mbps over wifi connections? My PC is WiFi6 compatible and I have tested a wired connection and hit over 900mbps, but I can't keep a wired connection

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Download with BT 900
2023-02-07 06:36:44

Hello @KGP85 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community. Sorry to hear the speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. How about the link speed on the PC that is equipped with a Wi-Fi 6 wireless adapter? You can follow this FAQ to confirm it. Ensure the driver of the adapter have been updated to the latest version. If possible, please provide the brand and model of the adapter for further analysis.

2. Please check and disable QoS on the AX23 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch to exclude all settings that may limit the speed.

3. Regarding the 5G wireless settings on the AX23, you could try to find a clear channel, change the channel width to 80MHz, then reconnect to the network and test the speed again.

4. If possible, please connect another device to the 5G network and test the speed to check if you can get a speed as expected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 136

Replies: 1

Tags

Bt
Related Articles