Deco M4 - not working when disconnected from Router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 23:52:11 - last edited 2023-02-08 00:08:16
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 build 20221229 rel. 72252

Hello 

Really have little to no knowledge on this, but was looking for something to kill blackspots in the house's WI-FI. Got two M4 units and followed instructions. Connected to router,  paired with network and all seemed fine. I can connect to them when the primary unit remain attached to the router, but when i disconnect it, the primary unit turns red. Now i know I can leave it connected and make it an access point, but I thought I would be able to remove the primary unit elsewhere power it up and I could connect wirelessly to it. Now the dumb part. 

1) if removed from the router, does the standalone primary unit also need connected to a Ethernet cable? (see told you im dumb)

2) How do i fix it. I don't really want to buy a third unit just so it goes into AP mode.

3) i have a netgear extender, could this be causing conflict.?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - not working when disconnected from Router.
2023-02-08 03:52:36

@HaggisBasher 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The main Deco needs to be connected to the ISP router via Ethernet cable all the time, and it could not be wirelessly connected to the main router.

But the satellite Deco could wirelessly connect to the main Deco M4.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 140

Replies: 1

Related Articles