Android app problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android app problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Android app problems
Android app problems
2023-02-08 15:54:26
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I cannot get my Android Deco app to work. It simply states there is a problem with the cloud connection. The dEco (I ahve three connected) all work, but I have now lost the ability to manage them from my mobile phone.

I have reviewed all the other suggestions on other threads and there does not look like a solution...

I have already tried uninstalling the Android app and reinstalling it. This did not fix the issue.

I also tried repowering the entire system (incl. the router) with or without combining it with the app reinstallation.

It does I finally reconnect when I log out and renter the app, but only momentarily (see picture) after which it gives the error page.

Can someone from TP-Link provide a solution or some CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions as to why the app can not connect to your servers? If the answer is the app no longer works, fine just be honest and tell the community what the current state of play is. As a techie, I expect an honest answer or will place TP-Link as an unreliable supplier for myself and my customers.

Thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Android app problems
2023-02-09 02:09:28

@Wattoo1000 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you checked whether the same error pops up when the smartphone is on both Deco's WiFi and 4G mobile data?

Please also log into the web UI of Deco M4 to update the firmware to the latest 1.5.6 version:

Deco M4(EU)_V2_1.5.6_221229

if the issue continued, please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Android app problems
2023-03-09 00:45:04
Hi there. I've had a similar issue with a doc scanning app. Btw, I need one ASAP, so I'd be grateful if you advised me about an online scanning service. TIA!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 216

Replies: 2

Related Articles