Infrequent ping spikes with Wirelecc PCI E Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-08 18:57:50
Tags: #Ping
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2023.70.109.2018

Hello guys,

Ever since i got the Wireless N PCI E Adapter i have had infrequent ping spikes, making playing games impossible. Every other device still works when i experience the ping spikes. Browsing works just alright.

I already checked drivers, reinstalled and made a clean WIN 10 Install (Now 11, no changes)

I already changed the channels in the router (from 11 to 1), and also reset it many times. My internet provider also tells me that it is not on their end, which the Internet Tests underline

The blue line represents the real-time Ping changes, the green line is the average (doesnt matter).

Any guesses?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Infrequent ping spikes with Wirelecc PCI E Adapter
2023-02-15 06:57:09

@jonasos 

Hi, How much of your network bandwidth?

Have you ever thought of updating the wireless adapter to a more powerful one, like a Wifi 6 adapter, or at least a Wifi 5 adapter since 881ND is 2.4ghz only? Normally, with the growing number of smart home devices, the 2.4 GHz band is quite crowded and easily gets affected.

And it is also suggested to install the following driver on the 881ND:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/TL-WN881ND V2 windows 10 RTL driver 2024.0.4.208.zip

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Tags

Ping
Related Articles