Wrong password on web interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-09 18:21:34
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Brand new Deco X60, used the app to create a TP-Link ID, set it all up, then changed it to Access Point mode, and everything is working fine. Went in my router, found the DHCP address of the X60, pulled up the web interface with that address, and I get this page:

If I enter the correct password, it doesn't work and tells me it's the incorrect password. I cannot log in. Why?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wrong password on web interface
2023-02-10 03:35:46 - last edited 2023-02-10 10:29:05

@jacobkubik Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

If you log out of the current account from Deco APP, can you still use the same password to sign in to the APP again?

By the way, do you use the owner account, not the manager account?

And ever since you had the issue, Did you change or reset the password once before?

You could also pay attention to the reply on this link:https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/598724

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-10 19:35:59

@David-TP I finished reading through this thread and see that the special characters was the problem. In my case, I tried changing the password to no contain no numbers and no special characters, and it's still saying incorrect password.

If I log out the the Deco app, yes, I can still use the same password to log back in.

>By the way, do you use the owner account, not the manager account

I have no idea whether I use the owner account or the manager account. What is the difference? The interface tells me to enter the password for the "Owner TP-Link ID"? How do I know which account I have? I only created one account?

Options
2023-02-11 05:22:44

@jacobkubik Go to the Deco app> "More" tab> managers. If it says "Owner" next to your name and email address, then you're the owner.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 616

Replies: 3

Related Articles