Apple devices cannot connect to M4: "incorrect password for [wifiname]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-12 19:56:19 - last edited 2023-02-12 19:58:18
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have setup a mesh with 5 Deco M4 throughout the house. On the 2 most remote ones my apple devices (both iphone and ipad) regularly tell me that they cannot connect because I have the wrong password for the wifi (which is clearly not the case, as they connect normally elsewhere). Essentially makes the use of Wifi with those devices impossible.

I have disabled the "fast roaming" feature, and relearned the network on all devices.

Any idea anyone?

//D

Options
14 Reply
Re:Apple devices cannot connect to M4: "incorrect password for [wifiname]
2023-02-14 05:47:59

@dgiebel I don't think fast roaming & beamforming is the issue, since iOS devices support them fully.

You should upgrade the M4 (V4) models to the latest firmware (1.1.0) and see if the problem persists.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-02-19 20:46:47

@ImtiazAli 

I did upgrade all devices, problem still persists. Quite frustrating - I'm about to send them back...

Anybody any other advice?

//D

Options
2023-02-20 01:29:54 - last edited 2023-02-20 15:10:51

@dgiebel 

I would suggest to check if your most remote Satellite M4 are too far from Deco they connect to, and lose connection to the rest of Deco mesh occasionally. Perhaps, when that happens, this is how your Apple devices react to it.

Can you share screenshot from your Deco app which shows quality of WiFi backhaul on Satellite Deco. Example:

Also, screenshot that shows how your Satellite Deco connect to each other would be helpful, too. Example:

Options
2023-03-26 17:39:10

Hi! @Alexandre!

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as @dgiebel describes.

The M4's are at the latest firmware (1.1.1 Build 20230201 / Rel. 37427)

I've noticed that as soon as a M4-Satellite is connected to another Satellite instead of the main unit, the Apple-devices start to misbehave. The odd thing is that only Apple-Devices seem to be affected.

If the Satellite is directly connected to main unit everything's working as expected.

Cheers,

Philipp

Options
2023-04-08 16:54:43

@mrphoenix35 

me too 

But what actually happened 

all been working fine for a month on a out of box set of 3 

i added a 4th - bought as a single - all singing and dancing and playing fair apart from the exclusivly apple thing you guys are having 

Options
2023-04-16 14:19:50

@Thurgood 

It's really interesting. Now that you mention it that is exactly what happened to me too. The problems started once I connected satellites beyond the original package (I bought 3 more).

I have upgraded to 1.1.1 now, and issue still persists.

//D

Options
2023-04-23 16:06:45

@Alexandre.

First of all please see my map attached.

I have done some testing now. It seems that the Apple devices fail to connect (in this case to "Lilja") if I have a satellite that is not directly connected to the main (on the attached picture you can see that "Lilja" is connected via "Bedroom"). As soon as I changed the connection my iPhone could not connect anymore. For clarification: I need the bedroom hop to Lilja as otherwise the transmission quality is too poor.

Any advice what to do next so that the Apple devices can connect again?

Thanks.

//D 

map

Options
2023-05-01 20:59:51

@dgiebel exactly the same here.

same set up, original 3 all work together but when add satellite Deco it says connected and all is good but iPhones come up with password not working.  Tried everything including removing password totally but still satellite decos not working correctly.  Hugely frustrating .

does anyone have a solution please?

Options
2023-05-04 10:54:21

@tplink could you help please?

Options
2023-05-05 08:59:30

@Leggy 

Hi, did you have the same error notice when Android and Windows devices are trying to connect to satellite Deco?

And did this error notice pop up every time when iPhones are roaming to the satellite Deco M4? or Sometimes they could connect to satellite M4 successfully, but sometimes they can't and when they can't connect, they would report an incorrect password?

May I know the model number and Operating system on the iPhones?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1195

Replies: 14