Archer C7 AC1750 internet issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 00:07:17 - last edited 2023-02-17 02:31:24
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer C7(EU)_V2_180305

Hi All

I have a Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router,150Mbps U/D Fibre broadband which comes through a ONT modem but for some reason when I try to connect the Archer C7 directly to the ONT modem, I can never get an internet connection, the router sends packets but doesn't receive any, at first I thought I needed to setup PPPoE to get a connection but was told that I don't need one, all I need to do (and what I was doing) is to connect the Ethernet cable from the ONT modem to the WAN port on the back of the router, I've tried resetting the modem back to factory settings and still I don't get any internet connection at all.

Wondering what the issue could be, I connected a Netgear XR500 to the ONT modem, and pretty much straight away I was able to get connected with no issues, more recently I connected a Archer D2 adsl modem/router, and after changing the settings to Wireless Router Mode and plugging in the Ethernet cable that runs from the ONT modem to the WAN port in that modem, I'm able to get an internet connection.

Is the Archer C7 just not compatible with Fibre or am I missing a setting that needs enabling\dis-enabling?

On the Archer D2 the connection setup is set to Dynamitic IP as it was on the Archer C7, the main reason for using this modem is the bandwidth control, I have a setup where I have had the Archer C2\Archer D2 to handle the household devices (TV's Phone's Set top boxes) but then a gaming router outside of the IP range that handles the gaming consoles and has a QoS setting that will adjust the u/d speeds if people are playing online.

Edit - I've just tried a Archer C2 router (AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router) that was an AP that I've just reset back to Factory settings, and it connected straight away.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 AC1750 internet issue
2023-02-16 00:57:46 - last edited 2023-02-17 17:26:21

@DarkSmoggie 

When you connect the ONT to the C7 WAN port (Dynamic IP) you should observe the C7 WAN status so you know what's happening:

Try changing the ethernet cable as a start if the C7 WAN port can't receive an IP address from the ONT.

Another thing that may be of some importance in this case is cloning the MAC address of the original Eero router.

Here some details regarding that matter - https://www.aoakley<dot>com/articles/2022-10-05-youfibre-technical.php  (Static IP addresses section).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-02-17 02:13:40

@terziyski 

Changed the Ethernet cable from the ONT modem and still get the same thing, I do get and IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway, just don't get a packets Send, ony Received

The Archer C2 and D2 have no issues connecting, only the C7 does

Options
2023-02-17 08:24:37

@DarkSmoggie 

Can I know who is your internet provider?

Please email the system log on the Archer C7 to support.forum@tp-link.com, we would like to investigate further.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-02-17 16:46:29

@Kevin_Z 

Youfibre, just had installed a week ago and yeah sure, I saved one last night

Having no issues with the C2/D2 routers, currently have the C2 running

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 4

Related Articles