Deco P9 - Latest beta firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 15:49:24
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Having issues with poor throughput of remote Deco Units, I have 6 Deco in my house in AP mode. The house has a large footprint and is very old, some walls are almost 2.5 feet thick!

Showing full connectivity 2.4/5Ghz/PLC, yet speeds are massively reduced,

Is there a latest beta firmware I can test please?

I'm on the verge of ditching Deco and just putting in a Meraki GO, or Aruba set-up!

The interface is lacking any real control, and is so slow!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Latest beta firmware?
2023-02-17 08:07:53

@WhiffyUser 

Hi, May I know how long have you had Deco P9?

And how much speed you could get from satellite P9s?

The speed of satellite Deco is highly related to the Mesh Backahul quality between Decos.

Since the walls are almost 2.5 feet thick, the quality of 2.4ghz/5ghz wifi backhaul might not be expected. So the PLC quality between P9s might decide how much speed you could get. The inference over the electric wires would hugely reduce the network speed. Please try to move P9 far away from the home appliances, such as microwaves and washing machines.

And is there any chance that the satellite Deco P9s are able to connect to each other via Ethernet cables?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-17 09:43:02
Thanks David, The whole point of P9 was to avoid the ethernet cable runs required. If I need to do that then I will just move to a traditional access point set-up I'll check PLC backhaul speeds using a separate PLC pair Speed is around 5% of the main deco at remotes. I've made sure that the decos are not near large appliances and also that those appliances are not in line of sight for the 'mesh' between Deco Will try the latest firmware. Thanks
Options
2023-02-21 23:34:35 - last edited 2023-02-22 00:40:53

@WhiffyUser 

Your Deco is probably connected to different electrical phases

If you had additionaly a Deco M9Plus or X20/X60 one of them could be the main mesh network unit and the P9s would connect to them via Wi-Fi not the PLC and you would have P9s connected in the same electrical phase on the floors

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 3

Related Articles