Can TL-SG1008 be mounted vertically?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-17 11:38:33

I recently purchased a TL-SG1008 network switch and noticed in the instructions that it should be used/mounted with the bottom side down. However, I'm wondering if it's possible to mount the device vertically with the entry ports facing up and the power cable facing down for space-saving purposes. I can devise a solution to mount it firmly this way using the provided rack mounting points or bracket, which could also improve the air circulation. The only downside I see is that unused Ethernet ports facing up could accumulate dust. Would there be any issue with using the switch in this orientation as long as it's securely mounted? Thank you for any advice.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can TL-SG1008 be mounted vertically?
2023-02-18 17:03:09

@KayesPotrinak 

Hey

I can safely say there will be no issue with whatever direction you want to mount the switch, after years doing field installs.. trust me I have seen some VERY strangely mounted stuff!

The only concern you may have is to make sure the plastic clips on the plugs (rj45) are engaging / locking in correctly.   Seen the weight of the cable pull these out when the clips are broken

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 1

Related Articles