Deco m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco m5
Deco m5
2023-02-19 01:25:58 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:33:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.6.5 Build 20230110 Rel.41561

I have been using the deco for about less than a couple of months and one thing consistently happening is that there would be a time where the internet would just slow down to the point it would disconnect. This instance would happen every now and then.  I have the auto reboot switched off and it still does it. If it is my internet provider that made me think was the problem but I have a device connected directly to the main router via ethernet cable, Is there a setting or a configuration I do not know about that could be causing this? There would be times that I would be gaming or watching something and would have to wait 5 to 10 minutes and switch to my desktop just to continue. and with the speed on wifi I am only getting about 200 to 300 mbps MAX my internet speed with my ISP is at 900 mbps on a wired cable I get 870 mbps at to 800 mbps at  a consistent speed between those. I thought this mesh router had the ability to do atleast 500 mbps as it is directly connected to the main router via ethernet cable as well.  I also thought of maybe it could be the wifi adapter on my device so I stood beside the routers with my device and on the main router I would get 400 to 500 on an old ISP provided stock router., and would get 180 to low 200's on this deco M5 device.  I have done this test with both of them directly beside the devices. Is there a way I could remove the limit or be able to get better speeds? The app is okay and but I would hate to have to spend on another router or mesh set up.,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 0

Related Articles