Deco M4R Mesh - Unreliable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 21:59:00
Tags: #Mesh unreliable
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230112 Rel. 60091

My Deco M4R has been significantly unreliable.  Makes video calling and streaming almost impossible.  It's gotten worse after the most recent firmware update.  I've tried all of the suggestions I can find from these threads and others: rebooting; relocating units; fast-roaming turned off; deactivating mesh on "problem" units; checking for updates; eliminating cross-signal interferance; using a VPN, NOT using a VPN...

My ISP is Telekom, and I have perfect signal to my modem.  The WiFi on the mesh network just keeps a) dropping internet signal or b) jumping my device to a mesh router too far away (ignoring the router I'm sitting right next to) and causing disconnections.

I'm about one week away from tossing the whole setup and moving to Google WiFi!  What is going on!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4R Mesh - Unreliable connection
2023-02-21 07:27:30

@SandBagger Thank you very much for the feedback.

On the firmware 1.1.0 on Deco M4 v4, It supports setting up the connection preference for mobile clients:

How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

You could manually choose the connected Deco on the devices that jumped to a mesh router too far away (ignoring the router right next to it) 

Can I have a picture of the network map on the Deco APP? And are all the M4 on wireless Mesh Backhaul?

And what are the models of the devices that dropped the connection a lot?

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-21 07:36:35

@David-TP 

Hopefully the attached is what you're looking for.

Yes, I set up the preferred router system (as depicted)

File:
Deco screen shots~2.jpgDownload
Options
2023-02-21 18:32:40
Devices that drop are: Dell G3 laptop Pixel 6 cell phone Apple iPhone XR Apple iPhone 10 XBox X
Options
2023-02-22 02:06:23

@SandBagger 

Thanks for the update.

I would like to follow up on your case via email in case I need to consult the senior engineer for further assistance.

Please check whether you could get an email from me.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 364

Replies: 4

Tags

Mesh unreliable
Related Articles