Getting slow speeds on Archer AX1800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-24 00:50:13 - last edited 2023-03-06 11:21:30
Tags: #slow speed
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220216 Rel. 60801(5553)

So I've been getting pretty slow download speed on my Wi-Fi 5G(~160mbps) and my download speed on cable is ~800mbps, I know that something is wrong because my Wi-Fi 5GHz upload speed is ~400mbps the same as on cable... so by this logic I should be getting at least ~400mbps download speed on my Wi-Fi, I don't know what is wrong, I have the latest version of the firmware, this is my first day using this router, does anyone know what could be wrong?

More info:

I got this router today and my old router got higher Wi-Fi 5G download speed (~300mbps), this one is newer and has also newer features, so it should be working fine.
All the tests were done with only one device connected to the router.

My devices are capable of more download speed and were getting higher speeds with my old router.

I tested this between multiple devices, so this really is happening because of the router (not my devices).

My speed on cable is
Download: ~800mbps Upload: ~400mbps

My speed on Wi-Fi 5G is

Download: ~160mbps Upload: ~400mbps

My speed on Wi-Fi 2G is

Download: ~70mbps Upload: ~70mbps

Options
1 Reply
Re:Getting slow speeds on Archer AX1800
2023-03-06 11:23:54

Hello @Pado 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community. Sorry to hear the speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. How about the link speed on the PC that is equipped with a Wi-Fi 6 wireless adapter? You can follow this FAQ to confirm it. Ensure the driver of the adapter has been updated to the latest version. If possible, please provide the brand and model of the adapter for further analysis.

2. Please check and disable QoS on the AX1800 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch to exclude all settings that may limit the speed.

3. Regarding the 5G wireless settings on the AX1800, you could try to find a clear channel, change the channel width to 80MHz, then reconnect to the network and test the speed again.

4. If possible, please connect another device to the 5G network and test the speed to check if you can get a speed as expected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1348

Replies: 1

Tags

slow speed
Related Articles