AX20 (US) V1.20 firmware updates?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-25 15:38:29
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought my AX20 v1.20 in October 2021, new, from a bricks-and-mortar retailer.

I'm now very surprised (in a bad way) to find that the last available firmware update is from 2021-12-31.

Given that this is 14 months in the past, I'm assuming that I won't be getting any more firmware updates.

I would have thought that TP-Link provided firmware updates for much longer than 3 months?!

Hopefully I'm missing something.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX20 (US) V1.20 firmware updates?
2023-02-27 05:48:53

Hello @Oxw 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

The way we do firmware is that we only release a new version when there is a bug/flaw/vulnerability to patch or a new feature to add. Archer AX20 V1.20 doesn't get a new firmware update since there are no such updates for it. It's suggested to keep an eye on the official website for any new firmware updates if there would be any.

BTW, is there a reason why you require a new firmware for Archer AX20? Do you experience an issue? We would love to help figure it out if that is the case.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:AX20 (US) V1.20 firmware updates?
2023-02-27 22:11:10

Thanks for the prompt reply, @Kevin_Z.  What you've provided is great news.

Can I point out the things that didn't give me a warm feeling that the AX20 v1.2 is still supported with firmware updates:

1. The support pages -- both U.S. and Canada -- don't make any mention of the product's lifecycle status.
  2. For most products, not having an update in 14 months would means that it's no longer supported.

(Adding to my confusion is that the AX20 Product page appears on the Canadian site but not the U.S. site.  Presumably this means that the AX20 is discontinued in the U.S. but not yet in Canada.) 

It would be fantastic is the Download pages mentioned whether the product is still receiving firmware updates.  And bonus points if the end of firmware updates support date was listed too.

Which leads me to ask: how much longer will the AX20 V1.20 receive firmware updates?

(I found this page -- TP-Link End of Life Product List -- but it doesn't seem to apply to firmware updates.)

Options