MR600 V2 update or not to update... I'm very confused

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-25 22:17:12 - last edited 2023-02-28 18:29:51
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

Hello, I've a TP LINK MR600 and it works fine but I'm very confused about update the firmware, here is my hardware: MR600 V2 and firmware version 1.5.0.0.9.1.

If I do an automatic firmware serch I receive this result:

If I press automatic search (black arrow) utility says that I must update my firmware (blu arrow=firmware version, red arrow=hardware version).

If I use the mobile phone app Tether I receive this answer:

It says that the firmware is ok, no needs update.

I'm confused. What should I do?

This page https://www.tp-link.com/it/support/download/archer-mr600/v2/#Firmware show me that there is a new firmware for my MR 600, is correct?

What shoud I do, update or not update?

This should be the new firmware.

visit my blog: www.lowcuras.com
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MR600 V2 update or not to update... I'm very confused-Solution
2023-02-28 11:18:09 - last edited 2023-02-28 18:29:51

@hammer496 

Hi, the new firmware available on the official website might not be available on the cloud yet, that is why the Tether App shows the firmware is okay. 

Actually the online upgrade on the web interface(your black arrow) shows no new firmware as well, the translation might be not clear enough, if the online upgrade part really need to update firmware, the new firmware will be displayed as well, then you could choose update on the online upgrade part directly.

To sum up, the new firmware is only available on the official website only, not on the cloud yet, therefore, the online update via the web interface or Tether App cannot detect the new firmware now. It is okay to download the new firmware from the official website and update it locally, but please note that the new firmware doesn't allow to downgrade.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:MR600 V2 update or not to update... I'm very confused-Solution
2023-02-28 11:18:09 - last edited 2023-02-28 18:29:51

@hammer496 

Hi, the new firmware available on the official website might not be available on the cloud yet, that is why the Tether App shows the firmware is okay. 

Actually the online upgrade on the web interface(your black arrow) shows no new firmware as well, the translation might be not clear enough, if the online upgrade part really need to update firmware, the new firmware will be displayed as well, then you could choose update on the online upgrade part directly.

To sum up, the new firmware is only available on the official website only, not on the cloud yet, therefore, the online update via the web interface or Tether App cannot detect the new firmware now. It is okay to download the new firmware from the official website and update it locally, but please note that the new firmware doesn't allow to downgrade.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:MR600 V2 update or not to update... I'm very confused
2023-02-28 13:39:53

Hello @hammer496 

What problem are you trying to fix other than not having the latest upgrade?

I'm going to break the habit of a lifetime and hold off upgrading to this thing that can't be downgraded until someone reports that they've installed it and it actually improved something useful, such as speed and reliability.  But if it appears in the tplink app, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist.

Sorry if I'm sounding sanctimonious.

-Chris

Options
2023-02-28 18:28:06

@Sunshine 

Ok, thank you a lot for explanation.

Options
2023-02-28 18:37:23 - last edited 2023-02-28 18:38:21

@Chris_Rogers 

Hi, I'm an updater addicted laugh , I like to update everything because I think new version has new features or running better (with modem router an update can give more security, so running the latest firmware should be safer for users). In this case my MR600 works fine, without problems. I think that a modem/router is a very important device (sensitive?) and I'm affraid that something could goes wrong! So I agree with you: when the tether app or the web interface will show an update I'll do it, otherwise I continue to operate with old version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 4