Deco X20 stops emitting 5.0 GHz band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-28 22:18:44
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco X20(EU)_V2_1.1.4 Build 20221115

Hello, after several tests I needed to find an explanation of what happens with the x20 router.

After needing to change my old router google on hub created by tl-pink buy a deco x20.

My connection is of the pppoe type so the x20 deco is configured as a router and the same SSID network and the same password that the previous router had.

After doing this, no device could connect to the 5.0 ghz band since it disappeared.

The first thing to check is that it was activated.

After that activate a guest network and just turn on the 5.0 network only. I didn't issue it either.

Do the same step with the main network and all computers lost connection via Wi-Fi.

Since the equipment does not emit anything in the 5.0 network.

I restarted the factory equipment several times and changed the network names and keys but it still did not emit the 5.0 band.

The only way to recover said band was to configure the rebooted device through an iPhone.

This left the team with both bands again since the configuration was done in another physical place I had to wait until I got home to do the tests

When I arrive and connect the equipment with the same network and key as before, it presents the same symptoms again, it does not emit the 5.0 band. Tried to repeat the same process but nothing.

Since I no longer have the iPhone device I need to know how to solve this big problem.

I await details.

Greetings

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco X20 stops emitting 5.0 GHz band
2023-03-01 09:13:14

@Mdorta Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please help me check the following details:

• "The only way to recover said the band was to configure the rebooted device through an iPhone." Do you mean to hardware reset Deco X20, then re-configure on the Deco APP?

the Deco configuration followed the TP-Link ID and basically, you could edit or configure Deco on any smartphone after signing in Deco APP under the same TP-Link ID.

• Have you ever checked the wireless Mesh Backhaul between Deco X20s? can you still see 2.4ghz/5ghz?

• Could you please download the WiFi analyzer APP on the smartphone to see whether there are any 5ghz SSID that might be Deco?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-04 14:58:41

@David-TP Is there any specific WiFi analyzer app you're referring to?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-03-04 15:32:53

ImtiazAli wrote

@David-TP Is there any specific WiFi analyzer app you're referring to?

@ImtiazAli 

I'm not David-TP, but I can recommend WiFi Analyzer. My recommendation is WiFiman app by Ubiquiti. It is available on Apple and Google Android app stores, free, does not have intrusive ads, provides useful information but is not overloaded with too much information.

It is also speed test app, so you will be getting two apps in one.

Options
2023-03-06 11:02:41

@Alexandre. Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, I know you're more than qualified to recommend a WiFi analyzer app, you're sort of a legend in this community forum

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-03-08 15:45:43

@Mdorta After several tests, he was able to isolate the case, but the operation did not last long.

Apparently the iPhone device had no relationship with whether or not to activate 5.0.

The key is to wait approximately 24 hours to turn on the router and configure it again.

Important detail, with configuration it had to be done from 0 with a different Wi-Fi network since if the same name of the previous router was put, it generated this conflict over and over again.

It was really quite hard work since I have about 20 devices between PC, IOT and others and each one has a particular configuration.

Well then after having everything configured with a new network it worked fine until today.

Suddenly I lose connection with the 5.0 network. On all devices.

I look for the Wi-Fi 5.0 network and I see it but it does not connect from any device.

I'm really tired enough already and I can't find an explanation for this anomaly.

Activate guest network only in 5.0 does not connect.

I am really disappointed in the equipment.

I attach the image so you can see that the second unit only connects in 2.4.

I downloaded the wifi man and I also see the 5.0 network. But I can't connect to it. I need to understand what is happening

File:
Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-03-08 a las 12.42.57.jpgDownload
Options
2023-03-08 21:31:41

@Mdorta 

As a complement. After deactivating and activating try to configure the network again and after several attempts again the 5.0 network disappears.

In the moments that I connected to the 5.0 network, it did so but without internet access for a short period..

I don't understand what is happening to him. I'm starting to lose hope and the expectations of these markers are very low.

Options
2023-03-09 08:17:39

@Mdorta Hi, Thanks for the update.

Changing a different Deco to the main Deco is suggested to see whether the issue continued.

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco

By the way, did you purchase the Deco X20 directly in Uruguay? And how long have you had the Deco?

If the 5ghz happened again on a different Deco, You might consider returning this pack back to the shop retailer to get another kit.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 7

Related Articles