New Deco X50: Unfair firmware rollout, X50-4G update pending

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 17:03:52

Just added yet another new Deco X50 to my home network setup. However, there has yet to be a firmware update for my main Deco X50-4G.
Can someone please provide some info on the firmware update timeline or upcoming rollout?
Since my newer firmware Deco X50 is not the main device, I won't be getting all the new features.

It's really unfair when selected models (and versions) get firmware update and new features while most other models are just basically abandoned and left to rot.

I've proof here I'm invested into the ecosystem, so now TP-Link should take note of all the feedback and request from so many users that have yet to receive up-to-date firmware updates that they should have received months/years ago!

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Deco X50: Unfair firmware rollout, X50-4G update pending
2023-06-07 06:45:26

@arktiknova Got into the same question as you. Decided to have my office using deco instead of Asus, big mistake. x50 is having new firmware 1.2.1 and x50-4g is stuck with 1.0.0. Should avoid deco from now on

Options
Re:New Deco X50: Unfair firmware rollout, X50-4G update pending
2023-06-13 01:59:14
They seem not care about 4G version
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 500

Replies: 2