Deco XE75 PRO speed varies a lot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-05 09:48:24 - last edited 2023-03-05 10:14:45
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20221020 Rel. 40492

Dear all,

Yesterday I received my Deco XE75 Pro´s (two) from which I had high expectations.

The installation went quit simple and immediately the speeds were very good!

Although since then the internet speed of my PC (wired to the satellite) varies a lot, whereas sometimes it reaches above 750 Mbps and at other times it caps at about 150 Mbps...

Now this difference in speed is a real deal breaker for me. Would it be consistently reaching the highs then I will definitely keeping the product and otherwise I will be returning them.

Now my setup is as following:

Modem: Ziggo Mediabox located in the so called Fuse Box? (manufacturer: ARRIS Group, Inc.) - with a 1Gbps subscription

Head Deco: Located in the Fuse Box as well. Connected to Ethernet port 1 of the Modem.

Satellite Deco (not back hauled): Located on the first floor, approx. 7-8 meter from the Head Deco. 

PC: connected to the 2.5Gbps Ethernet port of the Satellite Deco.

With regards to the Deco app settings i've applied the following changes, according to the suggestion of the Ziggo employee:
- Editing mode set to > Access Point

- Fast roaming > Enabled

Overall I am satisfied with the Wi-Fi speeds around the house, however the most important connection to me is the speed of my PC located on the first floor. This is the computer I work from home, play games and watch live-streams/movies etc. Speeds of my mobile phone connected to this Satellite Deco is consistently above 450 Mbps..

I've tried all sort of things like restarting the Modem, re-installing the Deco Network (multiple times) etc. However I didn't (yet) found out what causes the BIG difference in internet speed for my PC. As mentioned before, if the speeds keeps falling to 150 Mbps I will return the product..

Hopefully anyone could help me out, because it seems like a setting issue to me (because I do get the really impressive speeds every now and then).

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 PRO speed varies a lot
2023-03-05 12:57:29

@RubenSosa 

Ziggo employee gave you correct recommendations. In Access Point mode, all Deco content throttling and filtering options are disabled. There are no configuration settings left to restrict Internet traffic.

If you see consistent and good speeds on smartphone connected wirelessly to Satellite Deco, the problem must be with Ethernet link between PC and Satellite Deco. Here is what I would recommend to try:

1. Connect PC to gigabit Ethernet port of XE75 (instead of 2.5Gbps)

2. Try different Ethernet cable. If your bought XE75 set, it may have come with Ethernet cable - use it to connect PC to Satellite Deco. Still, to gigabit Ethernet port on XE75.

3. Update PC Ethernet network card drivers with latest from manufacturer Web site (but also check Windows Updates, under Drivers).

I am guessing your PC has WiFi network card, too. Try WiFi connection from PC to Satellite Deco. Wired always beats wireless, but for troubleshooting purposes switch to WiFi link and if it is steady and speed is consistent - that strongly points at Ethernet link issue between Satellite Deco and PC.

There are no extensive tuning settings in Deco mesh one could try to see if one of them fixes that problem. If basic troubleshooting techniques fail to fix the issue, just pack Deco units and send them back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 1

Related Articles