Can I install C6 Ver4.0 EU firmware on C6 Ver4.0 US model router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-06 05:06:55 - last edited 2023-03-06 05:08:08
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have C6 US Ver4 router. I can see that the EU Ver4 model has received update for EasyMesh using ethernet backhaul but this update is not shown for the US model yet. Can I install the EU firmware on my US model to get this feature??

If not, is there any estimated ETA for EasyMesh ethernet backhaul update to drop for the US model? Or perhaps any beta firmware currently available?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I install C6 Ver4.0 EU firmware on C6 Ver4.0 US model router?
2023-03-07 02:43:47

@ET13 

You should not use a FW from one region to update a device from another one - it would not work or in some cases can damage your device.

It is suggested to keep an eye on your local support webpage - I'm guessing that US FW version with this feature will be released soon.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Can I install C6 Ver4.0 EU firmware on C6 Ver4.0 US model router?
2023-03-07 07:04:03

Hello @ET13 

@terziyski is right. It's not suggested to install firmware from another hardware or region on your device.

I'm replying just want to tell you that the latest official 1.12.1 version of Archer C6(US) V4 also supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. You can check for updates on your router web GUI for the new firmware and update it.

It seems that the Indian website doesn't publish this version yet, and I will make sure to remind them of the publication. Please check the website later.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 2