Router gives devices ip address of access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-06 23:49:15
Tags: #Dhcp
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.8.0 v00a2.0 Build 210827 Rel.70593n

I have an access point (not the device I mentioned earlier) that is connected to my router via an ethernet cable. This acces point has its own DHCP, it gives an ip range from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.254.

When I try to connect to my principal router access point (the earlier mentioned device: Archer VR300), it doesn't provide the correct ip range, which is from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254. It gives the previous range although the DHCP server is enabled.

I'd have to set the ip address manually every time I try to connect a new device, which is frustrating.

I don't know what's causing this issue. Can you please assist me here ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router gives devices ip address of access point
2023-03-07 07:42:55

@M.Bouzaid .

Given that you have a router (VR300) and an access point (?), you should have only one DHCP server enabled (on VR300) in your network to avoid IP address assigning mismatch.

If your access point is a dedicated access point, just disable its DHCP server.

If your access point is another router, you should configure it in "access point mode" to resolve this issue, thus avoiding also a double NAT in your LAN.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 1

Tags

Dhcp
Related Articles