BAND LOCKING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

BAND LOCKING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
BAND LOCKING
BAND LOCKING
2023-03-07 04:02:16
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

I have a problem with this router when using band locking features,

is there a way to force lock the LTE band? you can manually choose what LTE band you wanted to lock in but everytime you click okay then check the status it will only show that only 1 LTE band you are connected

thn after how many minutes it will change the status shows 2 bands connected, the connection was good  but after a minutes it will change again to 1 band. it was so disappointed.

you can manually choose what LTEband  but it will not lock up. it will constantly change everytime.

is there i way to literally lock up the lte band, i mean if you choice the 2 band it will steady use the selected band even if the connection is slow or fast /strong or weak.

Options
3 Reply
Re:BAND LOCKING
2023-03-09 02:28:07

@koi2x 

Hi, For LTE CAT6 Router Archer MR600, Carrier Aggregation is supported and enabled by default.

However, whether and how the bands will be aggregated is related to the base station as well, we are unable to force it to work on 4G+ or force it to work on a specific band combination.

Therefore, when you select two or more bands, the MR600 might work on only one band as well. If your SIM card supports different band combinations in 4G+ mode, you could also try other supported band combinations.

Options
2023-03-09 10:01:21 - last edited 2023-03-10 10:15:16

@Sunshine 

i thnk the real problem is in the software/firmware itself.

i prefer band 1,3 in my area . when the lte band  change to 1 or 3 only ,. i change the network to 4g only and the lte band status will also change back  to band 1,3.

if the lte band change to 1 or 3 again,  i change the  network to 4g preferred then the status change back again to the selected band witch is lte band 1,3.

if the problems is in the base station why is it that when i change network to 4g only to 4g preferred and vice versa the network will automatically change to the band that i selected.?

Options
2023-03-09 10:23:45

@Sunshine 

again you can manually choose what LTEband but it will not lock up. it will constantly change everytime.

meaning thr is a code that allows the router to auto change the band within the selected band.

we want to lock it up to the selected band, whether it has a strong/weak signal fast/slow connection, have /don't have a signal.

Options