DSL packet errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DSL packet errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DSL packet errors
DSL packet errors
2023-03-07 19:00:40
Model: Deco X50-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I switched from old dsl modem to DECO X50-dsl. I never had problems with my dsl connection. But with this modem connection lags a deco shows high packet loss. I think that the problem is in bad SNR margin but there is no option to tweak it in deco settings. SRA and bitswap do not help. Do you have any advice?

Options
6 Reply
Re:DSL packet errors
2023-03-08 03:38:31

@COHenjoyer 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your DSL service provider?

Could you please refer to this link to help me check the DSL sync status on Deco X50-DSL:

How to check DSL sync status on Deco DSL model

As for the "modem connection lags a deco shows high packet loss", can I have more details about it, maybe with some ping test results?

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-03-08 10:32:26

@David-TP 

I am not sure what ISPs model number means.

My ISP is Vodafone but DSL owner/maintainer is CETIN.

DSL is unstable mainly in the evening. Probably because of hight DSL line load. I tried turning bitswap and sra on and off but it makes no difference.

Previously i had Comtrend vr-3031eu and i never had expirienced internet problems. I switched to deco for 5 ghz wifi and gbit ethernet ports.

From DECO app:

Options
2023-03-09 07:51:15

@COHenjoyer 

Thanks for the feedback.

I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you have got an email from me.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-10 20:58:39

@David-TP 

Hello,

my problem is exactly the same after replacing the Archer VR2800 modem with a DECO x50-DSL. After setting up vdsl2 synchronization occurs, but after a few hours a packets error occurs and connectivity degrades, resetting from any dsl parameter does not help, only restarting the modem and resynchronizing with dslam.

And then the situation repeats itself until the device is restarted again

DSL

Line Status:

Connected

DSL Up Time:

0 days 6 hours 42 minutes

DSL Modulation Type:

VDSL2

Annex Type:

Annex auto

Current Rate (up/down):

27263/132879kbps

Max Rate (up/down):

34065/152587kbps

SNR Margin (up/down):

10/7dB

Line Attenuation (up/down):

1/7dB

Errors (up/down):

0/1113pkts

Options
2023-03-14 12:03:22

@AdisNorbis Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please provide more details about "connectivity degrades"? Did it more refer to the network speed or internet stability?

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Did you have a similar issue on the Archer VR2800 before?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-14 16:11:34

@David-TP 

Hello,

connectivity degradation, as a gradual decrease in speed with an increase in packet loss to the utility of the traffic to begin with. Replaced the  cable today with a definitely new Belden, but the problem with the increase and decrease in speed remains. The Archer VR 2800 has never exhibited this situation. Unfortunately, the Archer VR2800 is no longer functional, hence the replacement. To be sure, tested on the Archer VR2100 modem, where the problem also appears-tested on all available FW from iNet. connectivity is from T-Mobile Czech Republic, but the shared HW network rDslam CETIN I assume about Huawei

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 719

Replies: 6

Related Articles