Deco M4R Mtu settings or work around?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 08:01:15 - last edited 2023-03-08 08:03:54
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

Hi there. 

Is it possible to change the MTU settings on the Deco M4? Our mesh kit was working perfectly, on Monday the fibre line provider changed something on the line and as a result certain websites won't work. I can use Youtube but not streaming services such as Netflix and Prime, I also cannot use online meeting service such as teams. 

My ISP has said the line change means we need to change the MTU to 1436 but as far as I can see this is not possible on the Deco M4. Any suggestions or advice?

Neighbours in my area with normal routers have changed the MTU and the problem is resolved for them. 

Any help appreciated 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4R Mtu settings or work around?
2023-03-09 02:52:52

@RBram 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

I have seen similar feedback recently with Deco E4 about the MTU size. I notice you are from South Africa, and may I know who is your internet service provider?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-09 08:26:52

@David-TP 

Hi David. 

My ISP is Cool Ideas and the fibre line is an MTN line. 

I have resolved my issue, as I have two family members with the same ISP and mesh, we bought a three pack of Deco X50 and we have split them and used the firmware you posted in a different thread to allow us to change the MTU settings and now everything is working. 

Options
2023-03-16 04:38:28

@RBram 

Exact same issue as you

Isp: CoolIdeas

Deco M4

Unable to set MTU

Workaround:

I used old Tplink router connected to fibre ONT and set the Mtu on the Tplink router. Then connected my primary Deco M4 to the router via ethernet cable. 

Works perfectly

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 389

Replies: 3

Related Articles