New router new problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New router new problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New router new problem
New router new problem
2023-03-08 12:50:07
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have just changed my router for the SKY Ultrafast fibre one.  Before that I have had 5 x RE450 as range extenders around my house with no problem.  Now, they will be configured and all work, but the next time I look at them I have no connection.  ll the lights are on and everything looks ok, they just don't work.  Reconfigure again and all starts working.  I think they are intermittent, although they always show lights on the TO units and on the router, that everything is fine.

Kind Regards

Marc 

Options
2 Reply
Re:New router new problem
2023-03-09 03:52:05

@-JAVA- Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have the model number of your old WiFi router?

Since there are 5*RE450, Do you set them up like a daisy-chain or star-chain topology?

How often will you notice this issue?

If possible, it is also suggested to help me check the IP addresses on the devices when they failed to get internet service and ping the LAN IP of SKY Ultrafast fibre one as well as Google DNS 8.8.8.8:

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:New router new problem
2023-03-09 14:13:06

@David-TP Hi David

My old router was the original Sky Q router.  I had to send it back so I'm not sure of the model number.

1 x RE450 is an AP hard wired to the Sky router.The RE450s are all extenders with different SSID back to the hardwired RE450.

I'll check the IP addresses when I get in.

Thanks

Marc   

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 224

Replies: 2

Related Articles