Re305 not connecting in Onemesh when using access control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 07:32:14
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.15

Hi, 

I am struggling for a while with disconnects of my Re305 range extender from my router Ax1500. 

All Mac addresses are added to the whitelist - physical and two virtual 2,4 and 5 ghz from when I was not using the extender in one mesh. 

I recently set the router and extender ranges to medium to allow for better transfer of devices as otherwise mostly only the router was used unless I reconnected the device on purpose. 

Issue now is that whenever I restart the router the extender cannot reconnect to the Onemesh without me disabling the access control for two minutes and then it is fine until I restart the router again. 

Don' know what more I can do. Did multiple resets of the extender already. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Re305 not connecting in Onemesh when using access control
2023-03-10 07:27:29

@Artzox 

Hi, Most of the range extenders work in proxy mode and the MAC address on the router might be different from its physical MAC address on the label and its web management page. It is suggested to have a look at this link to configure the Access Control on the Archer AX1500:

How to set up Mac Filtering on router to control the devices connected to the Range Extender

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-10 07:43:24

@David-TP 

Thanks, but looks like you didn't read my original post. 

I don' have an issue with connecting devices to the range extender. 

I did solve this when I was using the extender as proxy. 

I am now using it in Onemesh mode after a full reset of the extender. 

I have only one issue - connecting the range extender to the router in Onemesh mode when access control on the router is enabled. 

Once I disable access control on the router I am able to connect in Onemesh fine. 

Then I can re-enable access control on the router and everything connects fine to the extender. 

Since I have the router set to restart every day I need to repeat this process every day. 

I have the extender's both physical and virtual Macs added to the whitelist of the router so I shouldn't need to disable access control on the router. 

Hope it is clearer now what the problem is. 

Options
2023-03-10 08:11:49

@Artzox 

Thanks for the further explanation.

Now I see what the problem is. Please wait for a moment and let me check with the engineer first.

By the way, were you able to reproduce this issue every time after restarting AX1500?

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-10 09:08:11

@David-TP 

Thanks.

Yes, this is happening every time the router is restarted and also I was not able to even connect the extender to the router for initial setup in Onemesh without disabling the access control. 

Options
2023-03-10 10:21:38

@Artzox 

Thanks for the update.

I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you have got an email from me.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 5

Related Articles