How to reboot the TD-W9960 from another box (like Raspberry) ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 12:37:30
Tags: #Remote Reboot
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.8.0

Hi there,

my DSL router TD-W9960 works nicely for me, but it also freezes mysteriously once in two or three weeks, and needs reboot.

I am after a solution, which would help me to automate the device status check (working / frozen), and its reboot, if required.

Something like small Raspi box, connected to the internal network, with the script, which would repeatedly test, if outside world is reachable,

and if it is not, then it would send out an HTTP(S)  string to the TD-W9960, with valid credentials, asking for the device reboot.

This should be possible, as it can be rebooted interactively from the browser, from its javascript, by calling 

$.loadBot("./frame/bot.htm");

Did someone already try something like this? I do not want to reinvent the wheel..

What would be the correct string which needs to be sent to the device, in order to get it rebooted?

Thanks,

HJ

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to reboot the TD-W9960 from another box (like Raspberry) ?
2023-03-10 07:55:10

@hackerjack 

It would be simpler to use the Auto reboot feature and schedule it to run overnight every day.

Nevertheless, here's a thread which can lead you to something useful.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 1

Tags

Remote Reboot