Deco M4 can't connect to Tuya Wi-Fi sensors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-10 14:39:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 build 20230201 rel.37427

Hi Tp-Link team,

My Deco M4 can't pair to my Tuya Wi-Fi sensors although I switched to 2.4GHz only.

BUT!

When I connect to GUESTS mesh, Deco pairs to the sensors....???? What is going wrong?

Tuya sensors can pair to guests mesh, but not to the main mesh???

Please advice how to fix this.

Best regards

Nick

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M4 can't connect to Tuya Wi-Fi sensors
2023-03-10 15:01:39

@nickarsow 

If you have two different 2.4GHz WiFi networks (which are in your case Main and Guest) and device can connect to one but not to another, it usually points at the following that is different between them:

1. WiFi password;

2. WiFi security settings (WPA, WPA2, etc).

For the purpose of troubleshooting set exactly the same password on Main Network that you have on Guest network, set same Security on Main that you have on Guest, double check again 5GHz is disabled on Main Network and try again.

Options
2023-03-10 15:38:27

@Alexandre. Thanks Alexandre for you quick reply.

And yes, both passwords and security settings are the same. The problem is that Tuya sensors can pair to guests network, but not to the Main network.

I'm pairing the sensors via my mobile where beforehand I switch to Guests net, then pair the sensor without problems. If the mobile is connected to the main net, pairing is impossible.

I also tried to disable the fast roaming, but with no success. Also double checked that 5G is disabled and only 2.4G is enabled.

Options
2023-03-10 15:55:46

@nickarsow 

Actually, one more thing: anything special or different about SSIDs for Main and Guest? Non-English symbols for Main but not for Guest? How about swapping Main and Guest SSID names in Deco app?

If that is not it, my apologies I couldn't assist you.  It's above my competence. What you are saying is you have two identical WiFi networks, and device can connect to one but can't to another.

Options
2023-03-10 16:09:47

@Alexandre. The name of the guests net was given by the system when activated. I first tried to pair the sensors via the main net, and later I activated the guests net and then tried via it and succeeded. Now sensors are visible via both nets. The problem is just with pairing.

Options
2023-03-13 06:59:15

@nickarsow 

Thanks for the feedback.

I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

At the same time, could you please reply to the email with a video clip about the setup process of Tuya smart sensors when it is trying to connect to the main network of M4?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-13 09:45:41

@David-TP Hi David,

Video and explanations sent to your e-mail.

BR

Nick

Options
2023-03-27 11:52:02

Hello, I have the same problem or maybe a little bit different. Till yesterday I had my TUYA sensors connected to the other router. Yesterday I changed the router and installed deco M4 three devices. From yestarday my tuyas do not work. I have tried with 2,4GHz only with 2,4GHz and 5 GHz nothing. I noticed that the TUYAs are acctive only when I am very close to them. I mean I have 10 TUYAS in windows to contral curtains. When I get close to the tuya it is working, when I go to another the last stops working and the close one is working.

I have M4 as AP, M4 conected LAN via switch to LTE router with static IP. In the router wifi is switched off. Can You please suggest sth bc my wife is getting crazy :)

Thank You for Your help. Hubert

Options