Deco X60 Connentions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 Connentions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X60 Connentions
Deco X60 Connentions
2023-03-10 17:05:31
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. Couple weeks ago i upgraded to FTTH. My service provider gave me the Huawei HG8145V5 for modem/router. I already installed the TL-PA7017P KIT for my desktop but the wifi signal of  Huawei is poor. So i thought maybe is better to buy a pair of X60 instead of a TL-PA7017P. In this case i willfix the wifi problem. But i dont know if the second desktop will word using the lan port os X60. I would like to ask if a network layout like the will work and to which mode (AP or Router) i will setup the two's X60. Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Connentions
2023-03-10 17:24:17

@Johnbous 

In your current setup with powerline adapters, what is the speed you are getting on PC connected to adapter, when running speed test?

There may be other option you haven't considered, but I need this info to suggest it. 

As for your questions: this setup should work and PC will work when connected to Satellite Deco Ethernet port. 

You should run Deco mesh in Access Point mode and it is recommended to turn off ISP router WiFi, so that only Deco mesh provides WiFi signal. 

Options
2023-03-10 17:38:46

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for your quick answers. I installed the two's PA7017P today and they replaced my old pair of TL-PA4010P. The problem with speed is that there are 2 more TL-PA4010P in place cause i cant remove them and cant tell which is the "real" speed (using speedtest i get 120-130 mpbs, between the two 7017 using tpplc program is almost 450-480 mbps).

My first intention was to buy another one pair of 7017 to replace the last pair. Later when the new router came , i decide to think different and go to a pair of X60

Options
2023-03-10 18:07:18

@Johnbous 

It is possible that WiFi link between Satellite X60 and Main X60 will be weak. That depends on distance between them, obstacles, etc. If Satellite Deco can't have good WiFi connection to Main Deco, your desktop PC won't have that either. 

It is not possible to tell if this is the case or not untill you deploy Deco X60s. 

In case you find WiFi link is weak and PC speed test when wired according to your network diagram gives worse result than it is now, you can use Deco X60s together with TP-Link powerline adapters. Wire everything according to the following network diagram:

This will guarantee you same Internet speeds you have on desktop PC now, while providing good WiFi coverage for everything else. 

This setup only works with Deco mesh running in Access Point mode.

Options
2023-03-10 19:03:33

@Alexandre. 

I thought this diagram too, but in this scenario i have to buy a second pair of 7017 for the other needs (second desktop) and get rid of all 4010 (maybe cause a speed issue (slowing) working together with the 7017). The main mesh will be in the living room and the other one in the bedroom. Between those two is the kitchen. So there are 2 walls. In my phone using the Huewai wifi in the same spot , where is my dekstop the speed is 40-50 mbps (5 ghz). I dont know if the X60's wifi is better than the Huewai. 

Options
2023-03-10 20:44:56 - last edited 2023-03-10 20:45:18

@Johnbous 

I can't tell if X60 will be better with WiFi, but after you deployed Deco units you can find that info in Deco app. Open Satellite Deco info page in Deco app and you will see similar to this info:

Check Signal. It can be one of three: Weak, Fair or Good. Here are my recommendations:

Good: keep Deco mesh as is. No need for powerline adapters link.

Fair: try both your network diagram and my network diagram. Run speed tests on PC wired to Satellite Deco, and which of these two gives you better speed in this test, keep that network configuration.

Weak: definitely set up your network using my network diagram, with Deco link through powerline adapters, if you plan to keep Deco mesh.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 5

Related Articles