Which TP-Link router is good for use with DECO X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-17 15:52:23
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I already have the three pack of DECO X20, but I am now trying to replace my ISP router and I'll put their modem into bridging mode.

Which TP-LINK router would  work well with the DECO X20?

I cannot see any routers that have DECO Mesh built in and I don't really want to replace all my DECO X20 for onemesh or newer.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Which TP-Link router is good for use with DECO X20
2023-03-21 07:29:11

Hello @TheCommunicator 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

All TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers can work with Deco X20.

However, as you've already mentioned, none of the Wi-Fi Routers will work with the Deco X20 in the same mesh network. Check this article for details.

If I may suggest, I would recommend adding another Deco X20 or two to the existing network to get a better roaming experience.

Options
2023-04-21 11:38:07

The TP-Link Archer AX50 would be a good router to use with your Deco X20 mesh system. It's a high-performance Wi-Fi 6 router that would complement the capabilities of your Deco X20 mesh system well.

Another option is the TP-Link Archer C4000. This is a tri-band router that supports both Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 6 devices. It also has a high-speed Ethernet backbone that can support multiple Deco X20 units in a mesh configuration.

Both of these routers are compatible with your Deco X20 mesh system, and they can be used in conjunction with it to provide additional Wi-Fi coverage and capacity. It's worth noting that you don't need to replace your Deco X20 units to use OneMesh, as it's a feature that can be enabled on existing Deco devices via a firmware update.

Options
2023-04-21 14:06:12

@TheTrexpot Thank you for the response about the two potential routers to replace my ISP router.

Could you explain more about this comment "It's worth noting that you don't need to replace your Deco X20 units to use OneMesh, as it's a feature that can be enabled on existing Deco devices via a firmware update." I had not seen any information about this, maybe you have a pointer to some docs that explain this and I can easily update the firmware.

Options