Deco x60 + Powerline device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-17 16:43:10
Tags: #Deco Lab #Powerlink
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello, I am putting together a list of devices necessary to provide Wi-Fi coverage to my home.

My idea is to start with two X60 deco devices, separated from each other by 1 wall and approximately 8 meters.

The problem that is presented to me is how to get coverage to the back of the garden, where I have another environment. From the closest deco to the bottom of the garden there are 2 walls and 25 meters.

The possibility of bringing the internet through the electrical network crossed my mind...

The query is as follows: Is it possible to set up a network with 2 deco X60 in the house, join said network with a network made up of 1 X60 decoder located in the garden´s room, through a powerlink connection?

Sorry for my english

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco x60 + Powerline device
2023-03-17 19:28:15 - last edited 2023-03-17 19:44:28

@shakyy 

It is possible to use powerline adapters with Deco, your idea should work. Deco X60 will treat its connection though powerline adapters as Ethernet backhaul.

Powerline adapters must be compatible with Deco, not every brand is. TP-Link powerline adapters are recommended, but I have adapters from Zyxel and they worked with Deco.

Because X60 will consider this an Ethernet backhaul, same restrictions and recommendation apply as if X60 was connected by Ethernet cable. They can be found here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
Re:Deco x60 + Powerline device
2023-03-18 19:24:41

@Alexandre.Thank you so much for your explanation! then i will buy the x60

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 2

Tags

Deco Lab
Powerlink