Driver issue with TP-Link Archer T2E AC600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-21 22:02:58 - last edited 2023-03-27 13:03:56
Tags: #T2E

Hola.

Tengo un problema con mi tarjeta TP-Link Archer T2E AC600 desde hace varias semanas. A menudo tiene problemas para conectarse a la red Wi-Fi.
Instalo el controlador desde el sitio web oficial, y cuando escribo la clave Wi-Fi e intento conectarme, aparece un mensaje en Windows que dice "No se puede conectar a esta red". Esto lo hace en cualquier wifi, ya que intento conectarme al router, a un repetidor y compartiendo wifi con mi smartphone y pasa lo mismo.

He reinstalado el controlador varias veces e incluso formateado mi Windows 10, pero vuelve a ocurrir lo mismo. A veces logra conectarse, pero cuando estoy usando la computadora se desconecta del wifi y tarda varios minutos hasta que se vuelve a conectar, y al rato se vuelve a desconectar.
También lo he probado con Ubuntu, y con él no falla, funciona. No estoy seguro de si debería enviarlo para la garantía, ya que parece ser solo un problema de controlador en Windows.
He descargado el ultimo driver: Archer T2E(UN)_V1_Win10/11 (2021-03-29)

Os mando enlace a youtube por si quereis ver un video de lo que me pasa: https://youtu.be/RuEKl7dcWSc (solo es necesario ver los dos primeros minutos).
Si pudieras ayudarme te lo agradecería.

Saludos.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Driver issue with TP-Link Archer T2E AC600-Solution
2023-03-22 03:47:39 - last edited 2023-03-27 13:03:56

@Alberttojarotte 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how long you have had Archer T2E?

Is there another windows laptop that we could use for a comparison test?

The chipset of Archer T2E is RTL8812CE. It is also suggested to install the driver here to see whether it improved the network stability:

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812ae-software

If it still behaved the same, I think you might need to get it replaced.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-03-26 21:51:12 - last edited 2023-06-17 17:21:54

Ok all perfect. It looks working. No problem so far.

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Edit:

A few days later it continued to give problems. But I solved it. I'm writing this in case it helps someone in the future.
The problem was the PCI slot. I had my TP-Link card plugged into the last PCI Express x1 slot, because my GPU is big and there was a very tight space for the TP-Link. For some reason, when using graphic performance applications such as games, the TP-Link card did not receive enough power and disconnected.

I have only changed the TP-Link card to the first PCI Express x1 slot, the closest one to the CPU. And so far it works great, even using games the WiFi does not disconnect.

Thanks anyway for the help, as it helped me to make sure that the drivers were installed correctly!

Greetings

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-03-22 03:47:39 - last edited 2023-03-27 13:03:56

@Alberttojarotte 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how long you have had Archer T2E?

Is there another windows laptop that we could use for a comparison test?

The chipset of Archer T2E is RTL8812CE. It is also suggested to install the driver here to see whether it improved the network stability:

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812ae-software

If it still behaved the same, I think you might need to get it replaced.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Driver issue with TP-Link Archer T2E AC600
2023-03-22 15:35:35

Hi  @David-TP.

Thanks for your answer.

I bought it on September 2022.
I just installed the RTL8812CE drivers from the link you sent me.
In the meantime, I'll find another computer to test the adapter on it. So I can test it in case it fails again.

If it hasn't failed in a couple of days, I'll write to let you know. It will mean it works with the driver you sent me.

Greetings and thank you very much!

Options
2023-03-26 21:51:12 - last edited 2023-06-17 17:21:54

Ok all perfect. It looks working. No problem so far.

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Edit:

A few days later it continued to give problems. But I solved it. I'm writing this in case it helps someone in the future.
The problem was the PCI slot. I had my TP-Link card plugged into the last PCI Express x1 slot, because my GPU is big and there was a very tight space for the TP-Link. For some reason, when using graphic performance applications such as games, the TP-Link card did not receive enough power and disconnected.

I have only changed the TP-Link card to the first PCI Express x1 slot, the closest one to the CPU. And so far it works great, even using games the WiFi does not disconnect.

Thanks anyway for the help, as it helped me to make sure that the drivers were installed correctly!

Greetings

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 551

Replies: 3

Tags

T2E