Cannot disable 5GHz band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot disable 5GHz band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot disable 5GHz band
Cannot disable 5GHz band
2023-03-24 00:39:49
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello,

I have a network of Deco X60 in Access Point mode (using an external router). There are three (3) different HW versions with firmware 1.5.0, 1.5.1 and 1.0.1, all AP updated to latest version. All the devices are wired except one (named: "play room").

In order for troubleshooting some WIFI cameras I disabled the 5Ghz band on the Deco app settings, as show the picture below.

After 1h, I evaluated the situation using NetSpot (software for monitoring WIFI networks from a PC) and the app still shows 5Ghz AP. Additionally, the Deco app is showing some devices still connected through the 5GHz band. It seems nothing happened with the settings ("2.4GHz only"). 

I also rebooted the network after applying the settings, and it revert it to "2.4GHz and 5GHz"), which seems odd as well.

A couple of questions:

1. May I know how to effectively disable the 5GHz band in order to evaluate some IOT devices?
  2. Additionally, may I choose (or force) the band which will be connected a device? 

Thanks for your support,

Lao

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot disable 5GHz band
2023-03-24 01:20:39

@Hulao Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

Please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:How to submit Deco APP log

And May I know the current Deco APP version?

Did you enable the guest network on the Deco?

If not, can I have a screenshot that the "Deco app is showing some devices still connected through the 5GHz band"?

I think the NetSpot might detect the 5ghz Mesh Backhaul which only existed between Deco units, not available for any mobile clients.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-24 11:14:34

Hi  @David-TP,

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Below the answer to your questions:

• Please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:How to submit Deco APP log
    • Done. In the comment section, you will find: Forum topic: "Cannot disable 5GHz band", User: Hulao.
  • And May I know the current Deco APP version?
  • Did you enable the guest network on the Deco?
    • No. It disabled.
  • If not, can I have a screenshot that the "Deco app is showing some devices still connected through the 5GHz band"?
    • I share some images.
  • I think the NetSpot might detect the 5ghz Mesh Backhaul which only existed between Deco units, not available for any mobile clients.
    • Understood. Thanks for pointing out.

Thanks

-------------

There are many devices connected to 5GHz. Below a couple of them.

-------------

Some devices are connected WIFI and it shows WIRED. Any reason for that?

-------------

Version.

Options
2023-03-27 02:27:38

@Hulao 

Hi, Thanks for the logs.

I have forwarded the APP logs to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check the email for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-02 01:30:14

Hi  @David-TP ,

Thanks for escalating this situation. 

I met with the senior engineer a few days ago. During the troubleshooting remote session he confirmed the issue and suspect it could be cause by mixing different hardware versions in the network. 

I understand this could mean a new firmware revision in different hardware versions and I would appreciated if you could let me know how the situation is evolving and how I could support again.

In other hand, I'm very concern about my network reliability, considering the situation reported here and the implications that's it could mean. For example, a couple of question that came up, are all the parameters set properly in all deco devices? are the different deco models really compatible for mixing? among others.

To put you in context, for this specific network, I started with three (3) Deco devices and during the way, I added others Deco. At one moment, I added Deco X55 and the network get unstable, meaning the devices were disconnecting often and some never connected again. At that time, I choose to add Deco X60 in order to keep all features of the X60 in the network (in case there were issue) and of course, if there was an issue mixing devices, even the documentation mention that we could mix all the models.

Currently, I have bought 18 Deco for this project and perform many hardware changes at network location to adapt all of them (wired connections, wall holders, etc...) and still the network is not reliable. The quantity of devices is:

• 6 Deco X55 (which I cannot use with X60 for the reason mentioned above)
  • 12 Deco X60 in different dates (meaning different HW versions)

Based on this context, I would like to opt for another solutions (like Omada, for example, which I checked recently), and discuss how I could return these devices to get new ones.

Thanks for your understanding

Options
2023-05-19 09:05:57

Hello @David-TP,

Any feedback?

Options