New Deco APP supports Passwordless Authentication and replaces main Deco via simple setup

New Deco APP supports Passwordless Authentication and replaces main Deco via simple setup

2023-03-27 09:50:09 - last edited 2023-04-12 03:30:29

Hi All,

Our development team has taken note of our user's request to add better support for the Deco App. Currently, As requested by the community,  the latest Deco App Now Supports Password-less Authentication and replaces the main Deco via a simple setup.

Please feel free to leave your critiques and comments below if there is any issue with the latest APP.

Android: Deco APP 3.3.17 via Google Play

IOS: Deco APP 3.3.38 via App Store

Release Notes:
1. Added the support for landscape mode on iPad/Tablets.

2. Added the support for password-less logins via your smartphone's stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) instead of manually entering your master password.

• After installing the Beta APP, you will see the following instruction to help you enable Password-less Authentication:

(Here we use Android Fingerprint login as an example)

3. Added the "Replace Main Deco" function to allow setting up a new main Deco to replace the current main Deco.

After setup, the previous internet configuration and Wi-Fi settings remain unchanged.

• To start "Replace Main Deco", you are required to connect to the current Wi-Fi network of Deco.

• Once it is connected, Deco APP will try to look for the new Deco.

• After the New Deco is found, it will sync the previous network settings from the old main unit.

4. Fixed some bugs and improved the stability.

Options
7 Reply
Re:New Deco APP supports Passwordless Authentication and replaces main Deco via simple setup
2023-03-28 18:50:19

@David-TP it would be better to Update the Firmware on Devices like x60. To maybe config your device local and not with this ugly app

Options
Re:New Deco APP supports Passwordless Authentication and replaces main Deco via simple setup
2023-03-30 02:59:51

@Devil1988 

Hi, Thank you for sharing your idea with us.
The point Deco APP plays a dominant role in management control of Deco products would not be changed for quite a long time. Remote control via Deco APP is also one of the important features that would be inherited and improved. I think its constant upgrade is also due to its imperfection so that many users still prefer web control.

Since there are various Deco products but only one control APP, you might find the APP update frequency is more noticeable. But the firmware upgrade is also ongoing and has been given a high priority.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-30 18:55:44
Which Firmware updates. I never seen any of these rare creatures. Where do they hide? Yeah the App would be ok If I won‘t have to Share all my Data with an Company Cloud where the company is not able to create Updates - so if your Service will be hacked it‘s not ok to wait 3 years to get save again!
Options
Deco APP supports Passwordless Authentication and replaces main Deco via simple setup
2023-04-06 13:09:46

Thank you for sharing the update regarding the Deco App's new features and beta APK versions for Android and IOS. I appreciate the added support for landscape mode on iPad/Tablets and password-less logins via smartphone biometrics. The "Replace Main Deco" function also seems useful. I will try out the beta Apk version and leave feedback if I have any critiques or comments.

Options
2023-05-27 00:35:17
Options
2023-05-27 00:35:45

@Deswine help me please 

Options
2023-05-28 05:26:47

@Deswine What's the problem you're facing?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1608

Replies: 7

Related Articles