network speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

network speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
network speed
network speed
2023-03-27 15:20:10 - last edited 2023-03-30 09:49:52
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20220401 Rel57450

so recently i had an issue where i was trying to do something my pc couldnt handle so it got hot with my router on top and my wifi cut out from i dont know what after about 12 hours it came back now instead of getting almost 50mbps download speed im only getting 8mbps download speed at max this is a wired connection using router as access point hardwired to my network downstairs how do i fix this???

Options
1 Reply
Re:network speed
2023-03-30 10:29:59

Hello @Joshco 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Are you saying the router got hot and the Wi-Fi cut off suddenly, and the speed dropped to 8mbps after the router cool down and got back on?

2. When did you purchase the router, and was it working fine before?

3. Please ensure the router is located in a well-ventilated location or it's mounted vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air. As long as the router is not placed in an enclosed area then it should be fine.

4. If you are not using its wireless connection at the moment, please try to turn the Wi-Fi off completely and feel the difference of the heat output and confirm if the wired speed will become good.

5. You may also connect the computer directly to the ISP-provided modem to test and confirm if the internet speed is still good.

6. Try going through the troubleshooting suggestions provided in this article to check if you can get a good speed again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 1

Related Articles