App does not show my deco and failed to log in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 00:08:15
Tags: #Deco app
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I started the app, surprised that my Deco's are not there and app wants me to start paring deco's as if I just installed in. 

Got home to see if it will work when I am connected to my Deco / network but it says "FAILED TO LOG IN" but I am able to log in my TP LInk when not connected to my Wi-Fi and to a different Wi-Fi network. When logged in to a different network app looks like it was freshly installed I cannot see my network or dashboard.

Leading to the issue, I accidentally deleted my entire network in the attempt to unpair 1 satellite. Was able to re-set up my Deco using the app and it was trouble free and internet works fine and till now. I checked and my wifi has a password so my installation was completed.

Firmware of my deco's are from the most recent as of writing and I think I cannot update it as I cannot access it.

Troubleshooting I've done are:

1. Deleted and reinstalled the app same device.

2. Installed the app in a different devices Android and iOS 

3. Restarted my Deco's 

4. Change password of my account and made sure that the account I am using is consistent. 

I am hesitant to reset the entire deco and start fresh  because the app might not detect my devices and render my mesh network totally useless.

Options
3 Reply
Re:App does not show my deco and failed to log in
2023-03-31 02:45:09

@GCB 

Hi,  I saw you mentioned the password for your TP-Link has changed before. so I think currently, the local management of Deco might still use the original password while Deco APP has changed to the latest password.

If possible, could you please help me run the following test:

1. connect the laptop or smartphone to the WiFi of Deco and  try to access http://tplinkdeco.net

2. Here the password should be the original password before reset.

3. If you are able to log into the web UI, please reset the APP login password back to the original.

4. Then log into Deco APP, and this time, it will trigger Deco to auto-bind with the current email ID again.

By the way, could you please leave me a private message with the MAC address of the main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-31 06:18:17

@David-TP 

Thanks! will try this out ASAP. 

My password I think maybe the same. I did the password reset because I initially thought that I forgot the password.

Hope that this will resolve it.

Will post updates here regardless of the results.

Options
2023-03-31 23:01:27

@David-TP 

Tried the process you mentioned. The password I have on my app does not work with the link and cannot remember my old password. Did a few attempts but no luck. 

Thinking of resetting and start fresh; though hessitant that might totally disable my WiFi should there be issues that are unrealized. Do you think that is the best option?

Options