Deco P9 - Address reservation isn't working correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 13:00:54
Tags: #Address reservation
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel 55057

I'm using three Deco P9 at home. For some devices I have added a fixed IP in the address reservation in the App. This is working fine as long the Internet is available. As sonn as the deco are disconnected an a restard of the network is required the address reservation is not working and the device select an different IP adress than that one i have setup in the address reservation of the app.

Has anybody the same issue and know how to solve this!?

Thanks

Stefan

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Address reservation isn't working correctly
2023-04-04 11:48:58

@StefanF 

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you checked whether the device used the same MAC address after the device got a different IP address?

If the MAC addresses are different, I think the issue might be caused by the private address which made Deco APP recognize different MAC addresses as different online clients.

If the MAC address is always the same, Were you able to reproduce this issue on different devices?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-04 12:44:41

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

The MAC Address is always the same and I recognized this problem also for other devices.

E g  for a WiFi Printer I have defined a fixed IP address. After the restart of the complete deco network and the internet router, because the power was swiched of, the devices are selecting different IP adresses. 

Options
2023-07-21 22:10:13

@StefanF do you found any solution for issue?

I have problem on my deco x50 system.

Address reservation feature is not working.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 3

Tags

Address reservation