Inconsistent speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Inconsistent speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Inconsistent speeds
Inconsistent speeds
2023-04-01 03:46:49
Tags: #Speed
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.11

Hi there, I just got the XE75 system today and am getting slow speeds and wildly inconsistent speeds. I have the 3 unit setup, my main one is connected to my modem downstairs while the other two are upstairs on opposite sides of the house (2300 sqft house). I have gigabit internet. When I check the speed rate or do a speed test, I will sometimes get 5Mbps and sometimes I'll get 850Mbps. I have connected directly to the router and am getting around 900Mbps which is correct. Connecting directly to my main hub wired also gives me around 850Mbps so it is definitely a wifi issue. My Xbox, which is about 5 feet away from the main hub gets about 6Mbps (when it was getting close to 300 on my eeros last night). My Macbook, iPhone, and Windows desktop all get between 5Mbps - 800Mbps no matter where I am in the house and it fluctuates even in the same spot. I have even isolated each so that no other device would affect speeds and still getting the same inconsistent results.

I have tried turning on QoS and setting high priority and I have tried setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and have had no luck both stabilizing the speeds and getting high speeds. I understand wifi speeds can fluctuate but this feels dramatic and I was getting more consistent speeds with my eeros that these are supposed ot replace. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Inconsistent speeds
2023-04-04 12:09:41 - last edited 2023-04-04 12:11:33

@Geodude913 

Hi, Can I have a picture of the network map on the Deco APP?

• The two upstairs satellite Deco XE75s are all wirelessly connected to the main XE75, right?

Could you please help me run a simple test:

It is also suggested to disable 160mhz in case certain 5ghz channels have interfered with the radar signal.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options