Manager feature not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-02 15:44:50
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20221115 Rel. 78784

Hi,

I'm unable to get the Manager feature to work.

I have an owner account on which I can access all my network.

On the manager account, I can successfully add a manager through More > Managers.

But when I log-in on the app as the manager account, instead of seeing my existing network, I only get the welcome wizard: "Paint your home with WiFi" and I have no way to access the network to which this manager account has been granted access.

I had successfully been able to make this work before, but more recently after a reconfiguration (I had to change my main deco) it stopped working and now I can't get any managers to see my network.

How can get this resolved?
Thanks,

Julian

Options
6 Reply
Re:Manager feature not working
2023-04-03 03:29:34

@Julian77o 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

Have you tried to remove the current manager account when logging in as the owner and add the account back to see what happened?

If it is still the same, could you please refer to this link to submit the APP log when you are on the Owner ID:

How to submit Deco APP log

Please also save a screenshot of the manager account being successfully added to the Deco APP.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-03 12:17:12

@David-TP Thank you for your response.

I had already tried multiple times to remove and add the manager, also using other managers, still same result.

I tried it once more after your suggestion, same result, it doesn't work.

I submitted the app log and screenshot as you suggested.

I hope to get a response soon.

Thanks,

Julian

Options
2023-04-05 12:08:17

@David-TP today I got the response from support but it was unfortunately quite useless:

"

For this issue, please try to delete it and add the account again, please refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1597/

"

Which is what I have already tried. 

This feature is truly not working as advertised. Do you have any idea on how I can get some attention and help to resolve this?

Thanks,

Julian

Options
2023-04-07 11:29:30

@Julian77oHi, Thanks for the update. I am afraid that I did not have further suggestions.

And I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers. Please check the email later for further assistance.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-09 06:06:25

@Julian77o So you're both the owner & manager in the same network?

How did you add more managers from the manager account? I thought only the owner could do that.

Also, how did you change your main deco?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-04-09 23:17:13

@ImtiazAli no no, I always added manager accounts from an owner account. I never added a manager account from another manager account.

In fact, right now the manager acccount can't see anything at all, let alone add more managers

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 522

Replies: 6

Related Articles