Votes

2.4ghz, 5ghz channel selection

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Possibility to change WiFi channels. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Possibility to change WiFi channels. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-05 02:56:48 - last edited 2023-04-12 08:31:00
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This product is labeled as a "pro" tier product so I feel these questions are fair. 

I've noticed that these radios are not utilizing non overlapping 2.4ghz channels. Right now when I look at a spectrum scan I can see my deco mesh on channel 3.  The RRM software on these radios should be restricted to use ONLY ch 1,6,11 regardless of the incumbents channel selection. 

my other concern is only being able to choose between 80mhz and 160mhz bonded channels on 5ghz. While I understand there's some big (mostly theoretical) numbers on the box in regard to maximum phy rate that you're trying to live up to. With 4 nodes 160mhz channels on 5ghz isn't feasible neither is 80. 

if that's not possible please allow me to change them myself. However it should be possible and it is necessary. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 222

Replies: 0