The deco app refuses to accept my password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-05 13:21:23
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I've had this issue for over a year now and now I really need to log in, but can't.

So I opened the deco app on my iphone, and log in with the email and password. First login attempt in 3 months and it says my attempt has been blocked due to too many tries and to try again in 10 minutes.

I reset my password, and then go back to login with the email and password and it says login failed. I click the eye icon to make sure it's actually the right password i changed to and sure it is.

Why can't i log in? This is really frustrating that i can't manage my deco.

I can't post the hardware version nor the firmware version since I can't even get in.

I don't want to have to reset my entire network since i have so much custom things i need to set up in that case. I don't have that much time available to spend a day with it

Options
4 Reply
Re:The deco app refuses to accept my password
2023-04-05 15:16:30

So i got on a live chat with tp-link and basically this issue was solved 2 years ago. but for whatever reason it wasn't solved for me. 

i have the same issue as https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/168614?sortDir=ASC everyone in here did or does.

this was escalated to a senior engineer whatever that means. Hopefully they get back to me quickly and fix it so i can log in again

Options
2023-04-29 06:15:32

@Christley please update the fix. I also have the same issue

Options
2023-05-04 09:31:06

@Christley I have also the same proble, unsolved :(

Options
2023-05-05 08:47:27

@manolo6111 @IanMmmmm 

Hi, Please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone and enable the mobile data.
2. Try to open and log into the Deco App.
3. If you still cannot log in, please try to reset the password.
4. After you change it successfully, please log in again.

If the same issue continued, please leave me a private message with your TP-Link email ID for the Deco APP.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options