TP Link Deco X50 (v.1.20) works, but doesn't see each other (one blinking red)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-06 07:24:56 - last edited 2023-04-07 05:54:09
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have installed my Deco X50 points in my home. The ISPN router is from Ziggo and all Deco's are connected directly (via a patch panel) with this ISP router (no switches between the Deco's and the ISPN router). The main Deco is on the second floor. The second Deco is on the third floor and connected via Wifi with the main Deco. Very strange in my opinion, because this Deco is also connected via LAN... The third Deco is on the mainfloor and also connected via LAN. This Deco is blinking red. No connection with the main Deco and in the app offline. But I have on this Deco internet connection and very normal. I tried many things, but I don't know what to do now.

I tried the following:

- I have tried to exchange the Deco's
- connect when I put them next to each other and then put them back in the right place
- first connection between the Deco's via WiFi and then via LAN, but then it starts flashing/blinking red again
- only connection between the second Deco and the main Deco via Wifi is very slow (wifi: 4 mbit/s) (normal: 180-350 mbit/s)

Our home is from 2017 and very good isolated. I thought when they are connected via LAN, shouldn't the Deco automatically grab that LAN connection?

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link Deco X50 (v.1.20) works, but doesn't see each other (one blinking red)-Solution
2023-04-06 08:30:17 - last edited 2023-04-07 05:54:09

Problem solved! Main deco connecting with the ISPN Router and connecting a switch directly to the other deco's.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Deco X50 (v.1.20) works, but doesn't see each other (one blinking red)-Solution
2023-04-06 08:30:17 - last edited 2023-04-07 05:54:09

Problem solved! Main deco connecting with the ISPN Router and connecting a switch directly to the other deco's.

Recommended Solution
Options