Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection

Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection

93 Reply
Re:Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection
2023-10-02 14:23:12

@Sunshine 

I have now installed the new firmware but I think it's worse than before. Today I've had to switch off my mr500 and restart to get internet connection back. I'm definitely thinking about digging out my old Huawei router 😡

Options
2023-10-03 06:34:34

Is the March beta still good? I've upated to to most current version, and after 2-3 days MR500 lost Internet settings. My net provider is Orange - there are two profiles for it - IP4 and IP6 - maybe the there is a problem? 

Options
2023-10-04 08:46:06

@KarlZ

Me too. I've been having this problem since I bought the MR500 in July. Have to manually reboot at least once a day. My son was using it in his flat and I've just got it back to investigate it. I wish I'd sent it back to amazon. 

Options
2023-10-10 07:42:03

Another one who is going to return it tomorrow. Tired of having to restart the damn router every day. Is it so difficult to find a solution for your team of technicians, or is there simply no solution? There are people here who, after paying a good sum of money for this part, still have the problem after months. Tp-link has lost all reputation

Options
2023-10-10 08:39:51

Sunshine wrote

@McNerd 

Hi All,

Regarding MR500(EU) V1 LTE disconnecting issue, please try to install the following beta firmware first:

Archer MR500(EU)_V1_230316

However, if the problem still exists after installing the above firmware, please email "support.forum@tp-link.com" with subject "[Forum ID 605538] Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection" and provide the following information for further follow up:

1) Current firmware version of your MR500 V1

2) Your country and ISP name, does the same SIM work fine and stable on other 4G devices?

3) How often does the issue happen, and will it recover automatically or you have to restart the MR500 to get internet again

4) Screenshots of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page when internet works fine and also when the issue happens

5) System Log file after the issue happens, please don't restart the MR500 before saving the log file, or previous log will be cleared

Hi All,

If the beta firmware cannot solve the problem, please email support.forum@tp-link.com with the required information for follow up, thanks a lot for your cooperation!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-24 21:35:39

@KarlZ @Sunshine Same here in Greece. Cosmote provider. Disconects at exactly two days. Same with results with beta firmware. I will be returning it, i have had it for like a month and it has never worked normally. This is completely unacceptable. I also texted and talked on the phone with tp link support greece. They have no idea. A guy only once gave me the same beta firmware which as we all know does nothing.

Options
2023-11-25 09:02:18

@Sunshine i bought this just over a year ago in 2022 and I have had this problem since I bought it. I have regularly put complaints on here about the problem and have downloaded numerous firmware updates to no avail. Will I be able to return it?

Options
2023-11-28 09:03:04 - last edited 2023-11-29 11:15:01

@Sunshine 

I have downloaded the lateset firmware 1.4.0_0.9.1 onto my MR500 and I thought this solved the disconnection problem.

But when I checked this morning it had gone again.

It drops every day and I have to turn off the modem and restart it again for it to reconnect.

I have tried the sim card in another modem and it is working perfectly fine.

Is there a more up to date firmware that will solve this issue please?

Options
2023-12-02 21:32:10 - last edited 2023-12-02 21:34:29

@Sunshine So I've installed the latest firmware, still the same.

One thing I have noticed is that if there's no traffic to the router the connection drops and can't reconnect unless rebooted.

If I open CMD and ping 8.8.8.8 -t for a continuous ping, I get no drop for days.

I think the issue maybe with dropping a connection and being unable to reinitialize it for whatever reason as it deffo happens EVERY time my PC goes to sleep.

Options
2023-12-14 04:18:39

@Sunshine 
Hi, 

Is there any update on the issue with connections??
I have the issue where router is connected to the internet (4g+ and bars can be on) wifi on devices is connected but no internet is provided to any of my devices. Only reboot of the router can fix the issue. 
Router is essential piece of equipment as for security devices, but unfortunately this unit is very unreliable.
I had updated the unit to the latest firmware at beginning and had constant issues. Then I updated the firmware to one of the beta versions, had it working for more than 2 days without issues, but then it started failing more than once a day. 
Tried multiple manual settings adjustments (bands, only 4g, DNS), no luck.
Once the connection is not available I can only access the router via the app, which shows that everything is connected and running, but when you try to check internet speed, it fails.

When the unit works as it should I'm very happy with the performance and strength of signal, but it failing to often for me to keep it as working.
If we don't have solution for this issue for so many months, I think the only way is to return this unit as faulty.

Sim used: LycaMobile 4G
Router: MR500

Thank you,
Denis

Options
Related Articles