Reserve IP Address on Deco Mesh for a Tapo L900 Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-13 13:54:21 - last edited 2023-04-19 12:17:14
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all! 

I have a DECO mesh with 2 DECO M5 routers, I connected a smart light strip TAPO L900 and it's working ok but when I want to reserve the ip address on the DHCP I found that I cant' see the ip in the DECO app, so, i'm unable to reserve it. 

If I go to the TAPO app I can see the IP Address of the device and it's one obtained from the DECO MESH DHCP. 

How can I reserve the IP Address of that device? 

Thanks in advance

Matias

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Reserve IP Address on Deco Mesh for a Tapo L900 Device-Solution
2023-04-19 12:17:09 - last edited 2023-04-19 12:17:14

I have updated the DECO App on Android to the version 3.3.18 (Released on April 2023) and it includes the option of set custom address with a manual input of the MAC. So I solved my problem doing that. But I still thinking that is not logical that TAPO devices conection can't be managed (at least to see the IP Address) with DECO App.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Reserve IP Address on Deco Mesh for a Tapo L900 Device
2023-04-14 02:23:59

@matymo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco does not support reserving addresses for Tapo smart home devices, like Tapo L900. May I know why you wish to reserve the address for L900 since it does not have a web UI?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Reserve IP Address on Deco Mesh for a Tapo L900 Device
2023-04-14 12:50:49

Hi @David-TP , Thanks for the answer. 

I need to keep the same IP because I'm using Home Assistant as a gateway to integrate all my home devices and the integration between the HA plugin and the TAPO lightstrip is using the local network ip of the device. Today, if I something (like a power outage, a router reboot, etc) happens and the DHCP lease a different IP I lost the integration and have to reconfigure it, that's not something that I want. It's a shame that I can reserve the IP of every device that I have from a lot of vendors but I can't do it with devices of TP-Link... That could be a big issue that I will keep in mind when purchasing new devices. 

Do you know if this is by design or there will be some update in the future that solve my issue?

Thanks in advance.

Matias

Options
Re:Reserve IP Address on Deco Mesh for a Tapo L900 Device-Solution
2023-04-19 12:17:09 - last edited 2023-04-19 12:17:14

I have updated the DECO App on Android to the version 3.3.18 (Released on April 2023) and it includes the option of set custom address with a manual input of the MAC. So I solved my problem doing that. But I still thinking that is not logical that TAPO devices conection can't be managed (at least to see the IP Address) with DECO App.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 3

Related Articles