Unable to enter router using deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-14 01:51:14 - last edited 2023-04-17 07:36:16
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

I have never login to my X60 router using deco app and the setup was done by the ISP. When i want to login to my x60 router using deco app, it prompts me to setup my x60 router which i need to reset the x60 router. How am i able to login to my x60 router for the first time without resetting x60 router?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to enter router using deco app-Solution
2023-04-14 07:54:51 - last edited 2023-04-17 07:36:16

@edwinlow 

Hi, I think when ISP helped you set up the Deco, he used his own support email address, not your email address.

You could ask him to transfer the ownership or add your account as the manager:

How to change the owner account on Deco APP

What’s the difference between an owner account and a manager account?

How to add manager account of Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to enter router using deco app-Solution
2023-04-14 07:54:51 - last edited 2023-04-17 07:36:16

@edwinlow 

Hi, I think when ISP helped you set up the Deco, he used his own support email address, not your email address.

You could ask him to transfer the ownership or add your account as the manager:

How to change the owner account on Deco APP

What’s the difference between an owner account and a manager account?

How to add manager account of Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to enter router using deco app
2023-04-14 10:39:48

@David-TP 

Hi David, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the setup was made few years ago and i doubt even if i contacted my ISP, they are unable to help. I guess the best way is to reset my router and setup my network again?

Options
2023-04-14 12:15:00

@edwinlow 

Hi, if that is the case, I am afraid the answer is Yes.

You could refer to this link to set up Deco again and if you need any further help, you could reach out to our live chat support:

Deco Setup Walkthrough

https://www.tp-link.com/sg/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-22 20:42:28

@edwinlow 

Hey there, I understand your concern about logging in to your X60 router without having to reset it. In this case, since the setup was done by your ISP and you haven't logged in using the Deco app before, there might be a few options you can try before resorting to a reset.

First, make sure you are connected to the Wi-Fi network of your X60 router. Then, try accessing the router's web interface by entering its IP address in a web browser. The default IP address for the Deco X60 is usually 192.168.68.1 or 192.168.0.1, but it may vary depending on your specific network configuration. Check the documentation or contact your ISP if you're unsure about the correct IP address.

If you're able to access the router's web interface, you can try using the default login credentials provided by your ISP or check the router's manual for the default username and password. Once logged in, you may be able to configure the router settings without needing to perform a reset.

If these steps don't work, it might be necessary to reset the X60 router and set it up again using the Best Deco app. However, before proceeding with a reset, it's recommended to contact your ISP or the Deco support team to see if there are any alternative solutions they can provide.

I hope this helps, and best of luck in resolving the login issue with your X60 router!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 4

Related Articles