PX50 in Australia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PX50 in Australia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PX50 in Australia
PX50 in Australia
2023-04-14 05:50:41
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I'm a novice and read a great review of the PX50. Assuming one day soon it will be available in Australia, I have a simple question - do I still need to use my home modem/router (which is very old). If the answer is yes, wouldn't the router be a limiting factor in the performance of my wifi if I bought the PX50 ?(or any orther mesh system for that matter)

Cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:PX50 in Australia
2023-04-17 07:50:02

@Checkdigit 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco PX50 only has Ethernet ports and will work well as a wireless router, but not a fiber/cable/DSL modem.

So it could only partially replace the old modem-router combo and you might still need to keep the old modem router or put it into bridge mode.

If the old modem router has gigabit ports, as mentioned earlier, you could put it into bridge modem mode, then the performance of Deco would not be limited.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-23 04:43:17
Hi David, Many thanks for your response. I think i need a new modem. Cheers John
Options
2023-07-20 19:42:20
Don't bother, the powerline stuff doesn't appear to function.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 3

Related Articles